IANA time zone registration - proposal

Doug Royer Doug at Royer.com
Mon Jan 17 19:11:34 UTC 2005

[This was sent to some IETF mailing lists by me and someone
suggested I send it to this list also]

This is REV -00 of the proposal - comments welcome. Data
in in it can easily updated. (Like the TZ names updated
to latest copy of data)

to have an IANA time zone registration process. I have submitted
a proposal for that registry to the IETF.

A copy can be found at:

     http://inet-consulting.com/draft-royer-timezone-registry-00.txt

And an HTML version:

     http://inet-consulting.com/draft-royer-timezone-registry-00.html

I am adding the POLYGON property targeted for the -01 version
that has an ADD/DELETE parameter to allow for the optional
inclusion of latitude/longitude geographic areas to be included
that include (add) and exclude (delete) areas from the time zone
geographic region (again from the CALSCH mailing list discussions).

--

Doug Royer                     | http://INET-Consulting.com
                                | Cell:   (208)520-4044

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards