Timezone translations

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Mon Jun 6 00:36:33 UTC 2005

> Unless you want to be targeted by many Northern Irish, I wouldn't do that.
> There is no generic name for the time used in the UK.

If we supply nothing, then it will fall back to the last field of the TZID
("London"). Showing a blank menu item is not really an option ;-)

> Are you also going to declare that New York can't use EST?

No. I don't see how what I said would give you that impression.

> > I don't see any reason for not doing it for all of English ("Summer
> How about the fact that many English-speaking people [*] use the term
> "Daylight Savings Time"?
>
> [*] Accepting American as a dialect of English for this purpose.

What I was referring to was specifically the name for Europe/London. Nothing
that I wrote was about the English names for the US timezones.

‎Mark