Multi-timezone clock

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Sun Jun 12 22:17:17 UTC 2005

I would tend to agree on the NSEW split that the UN has, for some cases, in
particular for Europe. Looking at
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/data/diff/supplemental/supplemental.html, for
example, they put the UK and Latvia in Northern Europe, while some might put
the UK in Western and Latvia in Eastern.

On the other hand, where someone did want to have a more manageable
hierarchy of shorter lists in their UI, it might be a reasonable choice to
start with the UN list. There is nothing to prevent a UI from using mutiple
territory containments. For example, one might list Turkey under both Asia
and Europe, so that it would appear in both lists.

‎Mark