Daylight Saving in Australia

Gwillim Law RLAW at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 20:57:23 UTC 2005

I did some Googling and found that all of those states (and territory) plan
to extend DST together in 2006.

ACT: http://www.cmd.act.gov.au/mediareleases/fileread.cfm?file=86.txt
New South Wales:
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,15538869%255E1702,00.html
South Australia: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15555031-1246,00.html
Tasmania: http://www.media.tas.gov.au/release.php?id=14772
Victoria: I wasn't able to find anything separate, but the other articles
allude to it.

But not Queensland
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15564030-1248,00.html.

Ron Walker, the chairman of the Commonwealth Games 2006, actually requested
all states to observe Victoria summer time for the duration of the games.
Perth would have had to move forward three hours.  This request was turned
down.

Some of these links may be ephemeral.

--    Gwillim Law