Timezone converstion

Rajesh Vargheese rajesh.vargheese at voxpath.com
Thu Mar 10 20:51:04 UTC 2005

Hello,

I was trying to evaluate tz libs for timezone usage for my application.

My need: Given a region id [ex. "America/New_York"] and a UTC time, i want to get the offset i need to get the time for that region. I also need the Day light savings to be accounted.

Can I use the libtz library to do this. Please let me if there are any location where I can get some sample code in C/C++ to do this.

I tried to get the old archive so that I can find an answer, but its erroring out.

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh