Daylight Saving Time in Brazil

Ronaldo Vasconcellos ronaldo at cais.rnp.br
Tue Oct 11 12:27:30 UTC 2005

Hi Paul!

I know Avi Alkalay, AFAIK he still works in IBM Brazil (I did). Let´s wait
for his answer.

I agree with you - the english term more similar to ours ("Horario de
Verao") is Summer Time. But DST (Daylight Saving Time) seems to be the
most popular around the globe.

We learned that applications such as MySQL are affected by using
non-GLIBC-compliant abbreviations. Are you aware of something like that?

I hope we together solve this confusion. As I stated in my last message,
there should be a FAQ entry. The only clear explanation is on
"glibc-x.x.x/timezone/southamerica", too hidden :-)

Regards,

--
Ronaldo C Vasconcellos

CAIS/RNP