Fw: Change in Uruguay time zone

Eduardo ec-acd at dedicado.net.uy
Tue Sep 27 21:01:46 UTC 2005

If no one has yet reported this ... (did not see it in the latest time zone
data):

The uruguayan government has decreed a change in the local time. The decree
in the government's web site (in Spanish):

http://www.presidencia.gub.uy/_Web/decretos/2005/09/CM%20119_09%2009%202005_00001.PDF

This means that from 9 October 2005 at 2:00 local time, until 12 March 2006
at 2:00 local time, official time in Uruguay will be at GMT -2

This means that the file "zoneinfo/southamerica" should be changed.
I assume the change must be to add the following 2 lines
Rule    Uruguay 2005     only    -   Oct  9    2:00   1:00    S
Rule    Uruguay 2006     only    -   Mar 12  2:00   0   -

I am no authority in Uruguay, just a timezone user.

Yours,
Eduardo Cota.