British Columbia to move to US rules next year; Bermuda likely too

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Apr 4 07:34:11 UTC 2006

The Canadian Press reports that British Columbia will follow the new
US daylight saving rules next year; see
<http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060401.wbc0401/BNStory/National/home>
(2006-04-01).  This isn't urgent, so I'll include the appropriate
change in my next proposed patch.  This will still leave Newfoundland,
Northwest Territories, and Yukon as the "holdouts" in Canada as far as
the tz database is concerned; most likely they will switch to the new
US rules, but we don't have word on this yet so for now they are
listed as sticking to the old rules.

Sam Strangeways reports in the Royal Gazette that a confidential
report is being delivered to the Cabinet of Bermuda this month as to
whether Bermuda should switch from the old to the new US rules.  My
reading between the lines is that they'll switch.  See
<http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060329/NEWS/103290115>
(2006-03-29).  But we can wait for more info on this.

Also, the old US rules are still listed for Mexico, the Bahamas, Cuba,
and Turks and Caicos, even though most likely some (perhaps all) these
regious will switch to the new US rules before 2007.