Guatemala DST?

Gwillim Law RLAW at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 22 15:00:54 UTC 2006

I did some searching online.  Diario Co Latino, at
http://www.diariocolatino.com/internacionales/detalles.asp?NewsID=8079, says
in an article dated 2006-04-19 that the Guatemalan government had decided on
that date to advance official time by 60 minutes, to lessen the impact of
the elevated cost of oil.  There is an archived article on mipunto.com
(http://www.mipunto.com/punto_noticias/noticia_latin.jsp?tipo=CENTROECO&arch
ivo=060419183143.3zxeu5u5.txt) to the same effect.  Daylight saving time
will last from 2006-04-29 24:00 (Guatemalan standard time) to 2006-09-30
(time unspecified), according to Diario Co Latino; mipunto.com calls it
00:00.  Diario Co Latino seems to be the website of a newspaper in San
Salvador.  Mipunto.com is a Venezuelan site.

--   Gwillim Law