Nicaragua to adopt DST this weekend; maybe El Salvador too?

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Apr 26 05:49:22 UTC 2006

worldtimezone.com reprinted two stories about DST in Central America.

Today, Tania Sirias reported that the Nicaraguan government will announce
tomorrow that it will observe DST starting this weekend.  No news yet on
when they'll stop.  If we get no further info, I'd assume the first
Sunday of October, same as last year.
<http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_nicaragua01.html> (in Spanish)

Yesterday Juan Jose Lopez reported that El Salvador is considering
doing the same, but had not yet decided.
<http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_elsalvador01.html> (in Spanish)

I had been planning to issue a new proposed patch today, for
Guatemala's change this weekend, but I guess it can wait until
tomorrow confirms the Nicaraguan news.

Clearly I was wrong: March Madness is not over yet, not by a long shot.
Oil at $75/barrel does strange things to politicians....