Gaza time

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Thu Aug 17 08:46:38 UTC 2006

Jesper Norgaard Welen wrote:

 > Steffens web site now reports that Gaza started DST very early this
 > year, 1.st of April at 0:00 hour local time:
 > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=702
 >
 > The tz database would have this change as other years, at First
Friday > on or after 15.th. of April 0:00, like previous years back to 1999.

 > Now that we have a load of changes to publish, should we also include
 > this change? Perhaps Steffen can comment?

Yes, I have a few comments, not just Gaza:

- Gaza:
I was informed by a user in Bethlehem that in Bethlehem it started the
same day as Israel, and after checking with other users in the area, I
was informed that they started DST one day after Israel. I was not able
to find any authoritative sources at the time, nor details if Gaza
changed as well, but presumed Gaza to follow the same rules as the West
Bank.

- Honduras:
Honduras will observe DST from 2007 to 2009, exact dates are not
published, I have located this authoritative source:

http://www.presidencia.gob.hn/noticia.aspx?nId=47 (auto-translated:)

... President of the Republic, in meeting of Cabinet, determined today
that in the present administration he is going to be instituted that
measurement of the change of hour for the same period during next the
three years.

- Cuba:
It is likely that they are not reverting back to standard time this year
either, based on the number of responses I have got from users (when my
site claimed Cuba will end DST on lastSun/October)

Best regards,
Steffen Thorsen/timeanddate.com