Mataveri only airport?

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Dec 27 06:55:00 UTC 2006

Acording to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Islands the real capital of
Easter Island is not Mataveri, but Hanga Roa, where most people of Easter
Island live. Mataveri is famous for the Mataveri International Airport.

Should we change the capital in the tz database? Luckily the timezone
involved is called "Pacific/Easter" so there is no problem with that. It
seems that only the explicit use of Mataveri Mean Time MMT and the
commentary in the southamerica file is affected. Perhaps the latitude and
longitude coordinates in zone.tab.

Regards,
- Jesper

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Project Leader (Líder de Proyecto) Software
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (55) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (55) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
Download the shareware program World Time Explorer, I made:
http://www.worldtimeexplorer.com/index.html