OT- trouble connecting to elsie-

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Feb 6 18:26:34 UTC 2006

Robert Elz <kre at munnari.oz.au> writes:

>   | As far as I can tell, the reverse-DNS entry is correct:
>   | host174-106.defiant.tvcconnect.net, IP address 216.255.174.106,
>
> It could be the problem is that that PTR record exists, yet
> host174-106.defiant.tvcconnect.net does not (that just returns NXDOMAIN
> to lookups).

Yes, that sounds quite familiar; it matches my vague recollection of
others who've had trouble connecting to elsie.  If you adjust your DNS
records I think you'll find that your problem goes away.  I suggest
getting your secondary DNS servers up to speed, too; currently they
don't exist or don't respond (this goes both for the PTR record and
for the A record).