America/Edmonton 2007

Paul Schauble Paul.Schauble at ticketmaster.com
Tue Feb 7 23:12:25 UTC 2006

In cases like this I really have to wonder about the custom of using the
largest city.

To me, it makes much more sense to name the entity to which the change
applies. Not just whatever city happens to be there. Naming the
province, county, state, or whatever terms the changes applies to
conveys more information.

In this case, I think that should be America/Alberta or
America/Canada/Alberta. In some the recent Indiana things, I think the
tz name should have been America/Indiana/county.

And I still think it should be America/Navajo, not America/Shiprock.

  Thanks for your attention,
    ++PLS