Pulaski County rebels against the Department of Transportation

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Feb 8 09:14:42 UTC 2006

According to an AP article
<http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060207/NEWS01/602070408/1006>,
officials in Pulaski County, Indiana, have changed their minds, and
want to undo the time-zone change that they asked the feds to grant a
few months ago.  "While it's official, it's unofficial: We will not
set our clocks with Chicago; we'll set our clocks with Indianapolis,"
said Pulaski County Council President Sam Frain.

Even if they follow through with this threat, we won't have to create
a new zone; Pulaski County residents can continue to use the
America/Indiana/Indianapolis zone.  However, we should adjust zone.tab
and the comments to make it clear that Pulaski County is still using
Indianapolis time.