First Sunday

Phillip Guerra Phillip.Guerra at nkch.org
Wed Feb 22 19:45:47 UTC 2006

I hesitate to reply, as I'm a relative newbie to this list, and I may be
way off base.  However, would it not be easier to implement a coding
scheme for this field that maps an occurrence of a day within a month
e.g.

W-D where W is the Day of the Week, 1 - Sun, 2 - Mon thru 7 - Sat
           O is the occurrence of that day within the month 1-1st,
2-2nd, 3-3rd, 4-4th, 5 - Last
1-1 translates to 'the first Sunday'
1-5 translates to 'the last Sunday'
7-3 translates to 'the 3rd Saturday' and so on...

It would seem to remove any misinterpretation. Just a newbie thought...

I, also think that since the historical references are not going to
change with respect to the day, so that it might as well be represented
with the actual day and date.

Again, just a newbie thought...