Why America/Shiprock?

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Jan 18 06:17:54 UTC 2006

>From the disambiguation page about capitol in Wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol

"Capitol is the name generally given to the building in which the
executive and/or legislative branches of government are housed. The term
is most often used by republics. The city or town in which a capitol
building resides is called the capital of the entity over which that
particular government has jurisdiction."

So in fact Window Rock is the capital of the Navajo Nation, not the
capitol, I presume. Just my 5 cents, since English is not my native
language. Of course this doesn't change why Shiprock was chosen over
Window Rock ...

- Jesper Nørgaard Welen