DOT issues final ruling on Indiana time zones

Dave Cantor Dave at Cantor.mv.com
Thu Jan 19 22:45:01 UTC 2006

On 19 Jan 2006 at 14:04, Deborah Goldsmith wrote:

[Much discussion omitted.  DC.]

> You're right, I had it backwards, but it's not quite the way you're
> putting it either. What I should have said is that in America/Indiana/
> Knox, 1:59:59 EST is followed immediately by 2:00:00 CDT.

But CDT doesn't begin until 3:00:00 CDT.  In some sense, 2:00:00
CDT doesn't exist.  That is, what you're proposing is that
America/Indiana/Knox begins observing CDT an hour earlier than
the rest of the Central Time Zone.   Maybe that's right.
The ruling you posted should have been clearer, but that's not
the fault of anyone here.

--
Dave Cantor
Groton, CT  06340-3731      DCantor at shore.net