2003 time zone boundary change in North Dakota

Gwillim Law RLAW at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 24 01:06:58 UTC 2006

I'm sorry.  I visited several websites before I updated my own page, but I
only mentioned one of them in my message to the tz mailing list.

According to http://www.dot.gov/affairs/wnd102003.htm, on 2003-10-26, the
following places moved from Mountain to Central:  all of Jones, Mellette,
and Todd Counties, SD, and Morton County and the part of Sioux County east
of route 31 in ND (excepting, of course, the parts of Jones, Morton, and
Sioux that were already in Central).
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/14mar20010800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2003/03-21105.htm
has the ruling on Morton County.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/url-fr/fr09se03p.pdf (second page, beginning at
bottom of first column) has the denial of Mercer County, ND's petition to
move to Central, which was under consideration at the same time as Morton
and Sioux.

http://geography.about.com/b/a/013485.htm and
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050720/NEWS02/507200429
are secondary sources, but they confirm these changes.

--    Gwillim Law