Chinese timezones 1970

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Jul 15 02:33:31 UTC 2006

It does look odd that there should be such a little island of GMT+6 in the
sea of GMT+7, but if the decision about this was restricted to Guandong,
then splitting this province in 3 parts the manner it is suggested by
astro.com makes more sense. I don't know if there is any way to check if
astro.com is right about this claim.

The little map I sent anyone can put in your own web page(s) as you want,
there is no copyright :-)

If you rather want to point to it, like
http://www.worldtimeexplorer.com/map/China1970.gif or something like that, I
could put it up, but I haven't decided to put it up on a full web page with
reference information etc. so I think a direct inclusion in your page(s)
would be fine. Am I missing something?

I wouldn't mind creating maps of other Olson db timezones if anyone is
interested, as long as this is not too time-consuming.

Regards,
- Jesper