Canada timezones (2007)

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jun 26 21:47:36 UTC 2006

Robbin Kawabata <Robbin.Kawabata at eng.sun.com> writes:

> It seems some Canadian provinces have not yet finalized their legislation.

Yes.  Our current prediction is that they'll fall into line with the US.

> Is there any update on what Canadian provinces will do?

Not to my knowledge, for time stamps after 1970 anyway.

(You're asking us to predict what politicians will do?
 _Canadian_ politicians?  :-)

I do anticipate changes for the Bahamas, though; see
<http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060506/NEWS/105060163>.

The only other changes in the pipeline are for historical time stamps
(notably Russia before 1992, for which we may need a new zone
Europe/Volgograd).