DST in Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Sat May 6 04:59:07 UTC 2006

There is a flood of mutually conflicting stories on the near past/future DST
changes in Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua. Here is a small
bouquet of articles to consider, not that I will pretend to judge which are
true or false:

Change of DST in Honduras:
http://ar.news.yahoo.com/060503/4/qmx7.html
expected for this Sunday 7 at 0:00

Change of DST perhaps postponed in El Salvador:
http://www.laprensagrafica.com/lodeldia/883.asp
... it has the interesting claim that Honduras changed the same time as
Guatemala and Nicaragua.

Change of DST in Guatemala:
http://www.deguate.com/cgi-bin/noticias/print.pl?article=7134
claims that the return of DST will happen the 30.th. of September at 24
hours, or really 1.st. of October at 0:00.

Another confirmation that Nicaragua change was at 2:00 in the morning:

http://www.elnuevodiario.com.ni/2006/05/01/nacionales/18410:

Por orden del presidente de la República, Enrique Bolaños, Nicaragua
adelantó en sesenta minutos su hora oficial, ayer a las dos de la mañana, y
así permanecerá hasta el 30 de septiembre.

This means the following (my informal translation)
By order of the president of the republic, Enrique Bolaños, Nicaragua
advanced by sixty minutes their official time, yesterday at 2 in the
morning, and will stay that way until 30.th. of september.

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Project Leader (Líder de Proyecto) Software
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (55) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (55) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
Download the free program World Time Explorer, I made:
http://www.worldtimeexplorer.com/index.html