FW: Finnish summer time (DST) rule

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon May 15 17:56:01 UTC 2006

"Olson, Arthur David \(NIH/NCI\) [E]" <olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov> writes:

> [...]

Thanks for the info.

According to the tz database, Finland has been using the EU rules
since 1981; hence Finland changed its daylight saving rules, along
with the rest of the EU, in 1996.  The tz database also claims that
before 1981, Finland observed DST only one year, in 1942, from April 3
at 00:00 to October 3 at 00:00; and that Finland adopted standard time
in 1921 on May 1 at 00:00.

If these data are incorrect, please let us know; it would be
particularly helpful to cite sources.  Thanks.