Manpage License question

Martin Schulze joey at infodrom.org
Tue May 30 17:27:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

the man-pages package for GNU/Linux has incorporated some
of the tz manpages that are also distributed in tzcode$year.tar.gz,
namely zic.8, zdump.8 and tzselect.8.  They lack a copyright notice
and a license statement.  The tzcode2006g.tar.gz lacks this information
as well.

What license are these pages distributed under?  I assume it's the
BSD license, but I'd better ask.

Please keep Michael Kerrisk copied who is the current man-pages
maintainer, I'm just the Debian downstream.

Thanks and kind regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!