West Australia DST: to be or not to be

Christopher Hunt huntc at internode.on.net
Tue Nov 21 23:00:50 UTC 2006

The answer appears to be yes - WA are trialing DST for three years.
Here's the official link:

http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/web/
newwebparl.nsf/iframewebpages/Bills+-+Current

(You'll have to concat the above two lines to form one link).
Search for "Daylight Saving Bill (No. 2) 2006".

The bill has been passed by both houses and is now awaiting assent
(whatever that means - sounds like a done deal though).

Daylight savings kicks in as follows:

(a) the hour of 2 a.m. on 3 December 2006 until the hour of
2 a.m. on 25 March 2007; and
(b) the hour of 2 a.m. on 28 October 2007 until the hour of
10 2 a.m. on 30 March 2008; and
(c) the hour of 2 a.m. on 26 October 2008 until the hour of
2 a.m. on 29 March 2009,

Anyone more familiar than I with the tz database want to make the update?
I'm particularly interested in something working for Mac OS X.

Thank you.
Christopher