Timezone correction

Carlos Bergero rak at fcien.edu.uy
Sun Oct 1 09:21:03 UTC 2006

Due to presidential resolution Nº 1041/006 the time in Uruguay has been
set to use a local summer time to save power, we still remain at time
zone -3:00.
Starting the first Sunday of October 2006 at 2:00 am clocks around the
country should be set one hour ahead.
In the 2nd Sunday of March, the following year, at 2:00 am clocks should
be set back to the correct time.
I had set the rules in the following manner, for now they work fine.

Rule    Uruguay 2006    max     -       Oct     Sun>=1   2:00   1:00    S
Rule    Uruguay 2007    max     -       Mar     Sun>=8   2:00   0       -

A/P Carlos Bergero
Servicio de Informática
Facultad de Ciencias, U. de la R.