Brazil elections and postponed DST start

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Wed Oct 4 20:13:17 UTC 2006

Rodrigo Severo wrote:
 > The simple fact that there is an election going on in Brazil indicates
 > that the start of DST will probably be postponed to after the second
 > round.
 >
 > We will know for sure in no more than 2 weeks though so I recomend
 > doing nothing until then so we can make only one change and only if it
 > is really necessary.

Yes, the decree no 5920 of 2006-10-03 is now published:
http://www.in.gov.br/materias/xml/do/secao1/2345913.xml
(It is an XML file, but will display as a regular web page in some
browsers).

New start date 2006-11-05 00:00 and new end date 2007-02-25 00:00. It
seems that the same states will observe DST as last year.

Best regards,
Steffen