Brazil elections and postponed DST start

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo at fabricadeideias.com
Thu Sep 21 11:58:07 UTC 2006

The simple fact that there is an election going on in Brazil indicates that
the start of DST will probably be postponed to after the second round.

We will know for sure in no more than 2 weeks though so I recomend doing
nothing until then so we can make only one change and only if it is really
necessary.

Rodrigo Severo

On 9/21/06, Steffen Thorsen <straen at thorsen.priv.no> wrote:

> It is election time in Brazil again, and since it seems that they still
> cannot handle a time change in the middle of two rounds of election,
> they are postponing this year's start date to the weekend after the
> election, 2006-11-05.
>
> It appears that the decree is still not published, but that this change
> is very likely to happen.
>
> Source:
> http://jc.uol.com.br/tvjornal/2006/09/18/not_107666.php (In Portuguese)
>
> Auto-translated:
> It is practically certain that the schedule of summer of this year will
> start from the zero hour of day 5 of November, in the first turn as
> weekend after of the elections. Sources of the government had said that
> already they are finishing the details of the decree that will establish
> the change in the clocks.
>
> Best regards,
> Steffen Thorsen

Rodrigo Severo
Diretor

Fábrica de Idéias
SBS Quadra 2 - Bloco S - Ed. Empire Center - Sala 1.301
Brasília - DF - CEP 70070-904
Tel. (61) 3321-1357       Fax (61) 3223-1712