Turks & Caicos switched to U.S. DST dates?

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.ab.ca
Sat Apr 28 11:21:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:48:59 -0700, Paul Eggert <eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU>
wrote:

>On 2007-03-15 Chris Dunn reported to the Debian bug list that the
>Turks & Caicos Islands (America/Grand_Turk) changed their DST
>transition dates this year to match the U.S. dates; see Debian bug
>415007 <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=415007>.  He
>made no mention of the time, so I guess we should continue to assume
>transitions at 00:00 local time.  It'd be nice if someone could
>confirm this with a more-authoritative source.

If you look at http://www.turksandcaicos.tc/calendar/index.htm
there is an entry for Nov 4 "Daylight Savings Time Ends 2007" and three
rows before that there is an out of date entry for Oct:
"Eastern Standard Times Begins 2007
Clocks are set back one hour at 2:00 a.m. local Daylight Saving Time"
indicating that the normal ET rules are followed.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada