Doubt Regarding DST Patches

Thiyagu Venki thiya.soft.hunter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 08:45:10 UTC 2007

Hello ,

The following steps are done by me  in RHEL 4 machine

1. I have downloaded Only

 tzdata2007a.tar.gz from ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/

2. And I compiled using zic as

 Example:

 zic -d zoneinfo/ northamerica -L leapseconds -y yearistype.sh

  where zoneinfo is my temporary directory

3. And replaced the files to /usr/share/zoneinfo directory

4. Deleted Existing /etc/localtime

4. Copied the new zoneinfo Timezone as

 cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles /etc/localtime

5. After the above execution I tested using

 zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep 2007

 I found the result as Mar & Nov Correctly

please tell me that

 1. The above  timezonedata .. i.e. tzdata2007a.tar.gz is enough for to
update below listed OS

  List Of Linux
  ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~

  Redhat ES 4
  Redhat ES 3
  Enteprise Version ES 3.
  Enterprise Version WS 3
  Enterprise Version 3
  Linux 7.1
  Redhat ES 4  update 3
  Redhat ES 4 update 3
  Redhat 7.1

 2. Is Im required to download tzcode2007a.tar.gz and update with zic.c that
is available in the tzcode2007a.tar.gz

With Regards,
Thiyagu