variations on GMT-8:00

Andy Lipscomb AndyLipscomb at decosimo.com
Fri Jan 19 12:48:48 UTC 2007

" | # We limit the list to names that have appeared in previous versions of
  | # this time zone package.

which explains that.   Why CST never existed as a separate zone in the
past when the others did is a different question, which now is really no longer important - it is just a fact with which we need to deal.

Kre"

Most likely because, unlike Eastern, Mountain, and Hawaiian, Central never had a location in the USA that actually used it while rejecting DST. (The needs of users in Saskatchewan were apparently not considered.)

J Andrew Lipscomb, CPA*ABV, ASA

Decosimo Corporate Finance

900 Tallan Building
2 Union Square