Mexico DST news

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jan 22 06:36:19 UTC 2007

Jesper Norgaard Welen <jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx> writes:

> http://www.cddhcu.gob.mx/bibliot/publica/inveyana/polisoc/horver/capitulo5.htm

Yes, that's section 5 of the history of Mexican local time
that <http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm> points to.

> If everything is taken literally, there are at
> least a need to introduce new timezones for the states Campeche, Tamaulipas,
> Tabasco+CHS, Baja California Sur, Durango, Veracruz+Oaxaca, and Coahuila.

Do these states have time zone histories that differ since 1970?  If
so, we would need new entries for them.  (I don't read Spanish well,
alas).

> Before I go too far with deciphering this, I would like to hear the general
> opinion about if this is an authoritative source or not - after all the
> Congress only recently got authority over timezone issues in Mexico
> (formally), and this list might have some goofed up details from extracting
> from old documents by "new" people.

That could be, yes.  But I'm not really qualified to judge this,
unfortunately.