Timezones now in use

Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Tue Mar 27 04:57:12 UTC 2007

Hi.

In the pytz Python library, I provide a list of common time zones. This list
can be used to generate lists of available time zones for a user to select from.

I'm currently generating this list simply by taking all timezones and removing:
	- Those listed in the backwards file
	- Those that have a single path component except GMT and UTC
	- Those that start with Etc/
	- Those that start with SystemV/

This still leaves some false positives though, such as US/Pacific-New.

Is there a better way I should be generating this list? Or do I just need to
blacklist irrelevant time zones as they are reported?

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/