Iran's exact law for re-instating daylight saving

Andy Lipscomb AndyLipscomb at decosimo.com
Wed Nov 7 18:27:21 UTC 2007

That is correct; calculating dates by the Persian calendar requires astronomical computations. (Israel also uses its native calendar in establishing DST dates, IIRC, but the Jewish calendar is computable with simple math.)

Unless/until it can be assumed that computers have the capacity to compute these calendars, we probably have to just extend out a schedule of dates, but with enough data in comments that coders working with systems that do have that capacity can substitute a proper computation.

J Andrew Lipscomb, CPA•ABV, ASA

Decosimo Corporate Finance

900 Tallan Building
2 Union Square