FW: Countries added to ISO

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Tue Nov 13 16:06:29 UTC 2007

Well, BCP 47 just updated to the new country codes. Following that, we have
just updated Unicode CLDR for them, and now we are missing a mapping from
country codes to timezone for the new country codes. That mapping is used in
a number of places, including the localizations, so it is not a trivial
lack. CLDR's going out at the end of this month (1.5.1), and is used in ICU
(among other places), which is going out in December (3.8.1), and my company
(Google) uses ICU and would upgrade thereafter. So it's kind of a domino
effect.

Thus we'd appreciate adding the new country codes so that everything's in
sync.

Mark

--
Mark