proposed changes to eliminate P macro

Steven R. Loomis srl at
Sat Nov 10 05:28:41 UTC 2007

The patch worked  for me, I did "patch < patch.txt" against  
tzcode2007h and fed it each filename in sequence. Compiled fine as well.

The patch did look a bit strange, as to the filename format.


On 09 Nov 2007, at 20:51, Jonathan Leffler wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2007 6:26 AM, Arthur David Olson  
> <olsona at> wrote:
> Here are proposed changes to eliminate the "P" macro from time zone  
> source
> (a first step in simplifying the code by assuming C99 compilers).
>                                --ado
> I tried to apply this as a patch and run into two problems.
> The file names are not readily obvious to the patch program; the  
> names it sees are /tmp/geta13002 and /tmp/getb13002 etc, rather than  
> (say) date.c.
> There should be a 2 characters (eg two blanks, or "! " or "+ ") at  
> the start of each line, but by the time Gmail gets the message,  
> there's a blank missing at the start of lines such as the #ifndef  
> lines at the start of the patch below.  I also had some unfortunate  
> line-wrapping, but I'm willing to blame that on the (other) email  
> program I use.
> I tried manually fixing up the patch file for the line starts, but  
> was not successful.
> ------- date.c -------
> *** /tmp/geta13002      Thu Nov  8 09:23:34 2007
> --- /tmp/getb13002      Thu Nov  8 09:23:34 2007
> ***************
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the tz mailing list