FW: Dead Links

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Tue Oct 9 22:18:29 UTC 2007

    Date:        Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:46:08 -0400
    From:        "Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E]" <olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov>

  | Below you will find the deadlinks on the page:
  | http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm

I'm not sure exactly what all this is supposed to mean, but ...

  | Redirects:
  | FTP distribution <ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/>

I am fairly confident there's nothing wrong with that one, that's where
the TZ code & data lives (primary source)

  | archived older versions of code and data
  | <ftp://munnari.oz.au/pub/oldtz/>

and I'm absolutely certain there's nothing wrong with that one.

The rfc-editor.org URL's all looked OK to me as well (but I'm less
certain they're all 100% up to date).

It looks as if whatever tool you used simply doesn't like ftp url's,
which is something of a pity, since given a choice between ftp and
http as a protocol to use for regulation file transfer, ftp is the
winner by about a thousand orders of magnitude.

kre