FW: Syria DST

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Oct 27 04:46:43 UTC 2007

The sister center ICARDA of my work CIMMYT is confirming that Syria DST will
not take place 1.st November at 0:00 o'clock but 1.st November at 24:00 or
rather Midnight between Thursday and Friday. This does make more sence than
having it between Wednesday and Thursday (two workdays in Syria) since the
weekend in Syria is not Saturday and Sunday, but Friday and Saturday. So now
it is implemented at midnight of the last workday before weekend.

I know this is semi-official information, but that is the best I can do. I
hope you will be able to receive the graphics "Winter Time.jpg" if not here
is the essential part of the text (it's a scanned letter with ICARDA
letterhead):
"Winter local time in Syria will be observed at midnight of Thursday 1
November 2007, and the clock will be put back 1 hour."

Regards,
- Jesper Nørgaard Welen