daylight saving in Egypt

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Tue Sep 4 20:41:03 UTC 2007

Hello,

The official information regarding the (expected) date change has been
published:

http://www.sis.gov.eg/En/EgyptOnline/Miscellaneous/000002/0207000000000000001580.htm

which says:
 > "Egypt will start its wintertime as of Friday, September 7," Cabinet
 > Spokesman Magdi Radi announced Wednesday 22/8/2007. This means that
 > Egyptians will set their clocks one hour backward.
 >
 > Egypt operates Daylight-Saving Time between the last Friday in April
 > and the last Thursday in September when the clocks are a 3 hours
ahead > of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

 > The date will change a little bit this year because of Ramadan, the
 > Holy Muslims fasting month due to start Thursday, September 13.

The current tzdata2007g.tar.gz does not have this, but Paul Eggert's
latest patch has it - so it is probably time to make a new release by
Friday.

Best regards,
Steffen / timeanddate.com