Withdraw logwtmp.c from time zone distribution?

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov
Tue Feb 12 15:28:18 UTC 2008

The file "logwtmp.c" is part of the time zone package to ensure that a
"date" command can be compiled.
The time zone Makefile notes that:
	# We use the system's logwtmp in preference to ours if
available.
Well then: are there any systems out there today that need the time zone
package's version of logwtmp.c?
If there aren't, we can drop logwtmp.c from the package. If there are,
we need to provide compile-time control over whether time stamps written
to the log file are four bytes (to be compatible with historic practice)
or eight bytes (the emerging width of time stamps).

				--ado