Does any one remember the logic behind sp->goback and sp->goahead in localtime.c?

Jonathan Leffler jonathan.leffler at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 01:36:20 UTC 2008

AFAICT, the logic associated with sp->goback and sp->goahead in tzload() and
in localsub() in localtime.c could only ever be used if there were at least
800 time change entries, enough for two per year for a 400 year cycle.  And,
empirically, there are no time zone definitions in the current (2007k) data
set that get anywhere close to this.

However, this code can't have been put in there for no reason whatsoever, so
I'd like to understand what was the intention - if anybody can remember.

--
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler at gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2007.0914 - http://dbi.perl.org