San Luis time change this Monday

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Jan 19 04:57:10 UTC 2008

The page of the San Luis provincial government
http://www.sanluis.gov.ar/notas.asp?idCanal=0&id=22812
confirms what Alex Krivenyshev has earlier sent to the tz
emailing list about that San Luis plans to return to standard
time much earlier than the rest of the country. It also
confirms that upon request the provinces San Juan and Mendoza
refused to follow San Luis in this change.

The change is supposed to take place Monday the 21.st at 0:00
hours. As far as I understand it if this goes ahead, we need
a new timezone for San Luis (although there are also documented
independent changes in the southamerica file of San Luis in
1990 and 1991 which has not been confirmed).

I think I will not act on this for World Time Explorer until
we get a confirmation Monday that it actually happened, since
we have seen too many times before Argentina time changes to
be announced and then not carried out. Still a message like this
on the official regional government website from the Vice
Governor of San Luis, Dr. Jorge Luis Pellegrini looks as close
to an official document as it can possibly get.

Of course any comments on this are most welcome. Mariano Absatz,
living in Argentina, do you have any more information?

Regards,
- Jesper Nørgaard Welen