FW: Time zone changes in Brazil

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo at fabricadeideias.com
Tue Jun 24 13:04:13 UTC 2008

Just correcting the URL: <
https://www.in.gov.br/imprensa/visualiza/index.jsp?jornal=do&secao=1&pagina=1&data=25/04/2008
>.

As a result of the above Decree I believe the America/Rio_Branco timezone
shall be modified from UTC-5 to UTC-4 and a new timezone shall be created to
represent the the west side of the Para State. I suggest this new timezone
be called Santarem as the most important/populated city in the affected
area.

This new timezone would be the same as the Rio_Branco timezone up to the
2008/06/24 change which would be to UTC-3 instead of UTC-4.

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] <
olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov> wrote:

> I'm forwarding this message from Paul Schulze, who is not on the time zone
> mailing list. Those of you who are on the time zone mailing list, please
> direct replies appropriately.
>
>                                --ado

Rodrigo Severo

Fábrica de Idéias
SBS Quadra 2 - Bloco S - Ed. Empire Center - Sala 1.301
Brasília - DF - CEP 70070-904
Tel. (61) 3321-1357 Fax (61) 3223-1712