FW: Bug in Australia/West timezone

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov
Sun Mar 9 23:53:53 UTC 2008

I'm forwarding this message from Matt Milliss, who is not on the time
zone mailing list.
Those of you who are on the time zone mailing list, please direct
replies appropriately.

I tried five recent versions of "australasia" and they all yielded a
March 30 transition in 2008.
All recent versions of "backward" link "Australia/West" to
"Australia/Perth."
It seems as if this is a twiki.org challenge rather than a tz database
challenge.
I've listed the "backward" and "australasia" versions I looked at below.

				--ado

	backward	8.4	07/12/31
	backward	8.3	07/01/08
	backward	8.2	06/08/21