Cuban time

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov
Mon Mar 10 01:58:34 UTC 2008

I'm in Maryland which is now observing United States Eastern Daylight
Time. At 9:44 local time I used RealPlayer to listen to
http://media.enet.cu/radioreloj, a Cuban information station, and heard
the time announced as "ocho cuarenta y cuatro" ("eight forty-four"),
indicating that Cuba is still on standard time. If I use Internet
Explorer to view http://www.radioreloj.cu, scroll to the bottom of the
page, and wait for the animated reloj (watch) to appear in the
lower-right-hand corner, it shows 9:44--what we'd expect with the
current time zone database stuff.

Does anyone have an official reference for the March 30, 2008 Cuban DST
start date we've seen on the mailing list?

        --ado