About australia/melbourne time zone

Shao, Michael MShao at transurban.com
Thu Mar 27 22:57:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of timezone package and applied it on Linux machine. when I use "zdump -v" command to show Melbourne zoneinfo, I got first two lines shown as below:
Australia/Melbourne Sat Apr 5 15:59:59 2008 UTC = Sun Apr 6 02:59:59 2008 EST isdst=1  gmtoff=39600
Australia/Melbourne Sat Apr 5 16:00:00 2008 UTC = Sun Apr 6 02:00:00 2008 EST isdst=0  gmtoff=36000

In my opinion, in the first line, the word "EST" (which I marked with red colour)should be "'EDT". Is it a problem or actually what I am thinking is wrong?

Thanks,

Michael Shao
System Support Eng./Tech.
Engineering Support.
Transurban CityLink

Phone: +61 (0)3 9674 2135
Fax:      +61 (0)3 9674 2100
Mobile: +61 (0)488 650 175
Email: mshao at transurban.com

[cid:image002.gif at 01C890BA.160C22B0]

[cid:image003.gif at 01C890BA.160C22B0]

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you
are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
message to anyone. In such a case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply e-mail or by telephone on (03) 9612-6999 or +61 3
9612-6999.

Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet
e-mail for messages of this kind.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate
to the official business of Transurban Limited or any companies within the
Transurban Group shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by them.