FW: tzdata2008c

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Fri May 30 08:52:53 UTC 2008

Hello,

We have spent some time trying to figure out what their end date will
be. News reports either don't mention the date, or just say that DST
will last either 3 months (92 days) or 90 days. We earlier made an
assumption of 91 days (midnight after August 30) based on the fact that
they changed between Saturday and Sunday in 2002 and will do the same
now in the weekend.

We have been checking with other official sources in Pakistan without
getting a definitive answer and by calling a government official in the
Ministry of Interior he told that the clocks would most likely move back
one hour at midnight between August 31 and September 1 in 2008. He also
said no intermission has been given to change the schedule.

So the current tzdata2008c rules for Pakistan are probably fine based on
what we know at the moment.

Regards,
Steffen Thorsen / timeanddate.com