Mauritius DST yet again

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 7 14:57:28 UTC 2008

A contact in Mauritius tells me that the time for switching back to
standard time is incorrect.  According to the summer time bill[1],

    "period of summer time" means ... the period

    (i)  beginning at 2 o'clock standard time in the morning
         of the last Sunday of October in any year; and
    (ii) ending at 2 o'clock standard time in the morning of
         the last Sunday of March in the following year;

There's also the following wording on www.gov.mu though:

    It will start at two o'clock in the morning on the last Sunday of
    October and will end at two o'clock in the morning on the last
    Sunday of March the following year.

This seems to imply to me that it's 2am local time and is what I'd
expect, but that contradicts the actual bill.

-Ed

[1] http://www.gov.mu/portal/goc/assemblysite/file/bill2708.pdf