Mauritius DST yet again

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Tue Oct 7 15:45:16 UTC 2008

    Date:        Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:57:28 -0400
    From:        Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd.org>

  | This seems to imply to me that it's 2am local time and is what I'd
  | expect, but that contradicts the actual bill.

No contradiction: when summer time ends, 2am occurs twice, the web
page is just not bothering to be clear about which one of those is
the one that ends summer time.   The legislation is.

And the legislation is what I would expect, it is the same way.
The way it is done in the US (and other places) the time 01:30 in
a non-leap year occurs 366 times a year, and 02:30 only 364 times.
The sane way (as apparently used in Mauritius, and Australia, and
other places) has both of those (and all other times) occur 365 times
in each no-leap year (and 366 in leap years of course).

kre