tzcode2008h.tar.gz and tzdata2008h.tar.gz

Gerber, Oliver Oliver.Gerber at viasyshc.com
Tue Oct 14 06:39:15 UTC 2008

In fact there are differences!

diff says:

diff old/africa new/africa
1c1
< # @(#)africa	8.16
---
> # @(#)africa	8.17
455a456,463
> # From Ed Maste (2008-10-07):
> # THE TIME BILL (No. XXVII of 2008) Explanatory Memorandum states the
> # beginning / ending of summer time is 2 o'clock standard time in the
> # morning of the last Sunday of October / last Sunday of March.
> # <a
> href="http://www.gov.mu/portal/goc/assemblysite/file/bill2708.pdf">
> # http://www.gov.mu/portal/goc/assemblysite/file/bill2708.pdf
> # </a>

459,460c467,468
< Rule Mauritius	2008	max	-	Oct	lastSun	2:00	1:00	S
< Rule Mauritius	2009	max	-	Mar	lastSun	2:00	0	-
---
> Rule Mauritius	2008	max	-	Oct	lastSun	2:00s	1:00	S
> Rule Mauritius	2009	max	-	Mar	lastSun	2:00s	0	-
diff old/asia new/asia
1c1
< # @(#)asia	8.23
---
> # @(#)asia	8.24
1959a1960,1971
> # From Steffen Thorsen (2008-10-07):
> # Syria has now officially decided to end DST on 2008-11-01 this year,
> # according to the following article in the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA).
> #
> # The article is in Arabic, and seems to tell that they will go back
> to # winter time on 2008-11-01 at 00:00 local daylight time
> (delaying/setting # clocks back 60 minutes).
> #
> # <a href="http://sana.sy/ara/2/2008/10/07/195459.htm">
> # http://sana.sy/ara/2/2008/10/07/195459.htm
> # </a>

1961c1973
< Rule	Syria	2008	max	-	Oct	1	0:00	0	-
---
> Rule	Syria	2008	max	-	Nov	1	0:00	0	-
diff old/southamerica new/southamerica
1c1
< # @(#)southamerica	8.29
---
> # @(#)southamerica	8.30
179a180,195
> # From Rodrigo Severo (2008-10-06):
> # Here is some info available at a Gentoo bug related to TZ on Argentina's DST:
> # ...
> # ------- Comment #1 from [jmdocile]  2008-10-06 16:28 0000 ------- #
> Hi, there is a problem with timezone-data-2008e and maybe with #
> timezone-data-2008f # Argentinian law [Number] 25.155 is no longer
> valid.
> # <a
> href="http://www.infoleg.gov.ar/infolegInternet/anexos/60000-64999/600
> 36/norma.htm"> #
> http://www.infoleg.gov.ar/infolegInternet/anexos/60000-64999/60036/nor
> ma.htm
> # </a>
> # The new one is law [Number] 26.350
> # <a
> href="http://www.infoleg.gov.ar/infolegInternet/anexos/135000-139999/1
> 36191/norma.htm"> #
> http://www.infoleg.gov.ar/infolegInternet/anexos/135000-139999/136191/
> norma.htm
> # </a>
> # So there is no summer time in Argentina for now.

diff old/zone.tab new/zone.tab
1c1
< # @(#)zone.tab	8.18
---
> # @(#)zone.tab	8.19
296c296
< NU	-1901+16955	Pacific/Niue
---
> NU	-1901-16955	Pacific/Niue

Best regards,
    Oliver.

Oliver Gerber
Diplom-Informatiker
Software Engineer
Cardinal Health Research Services

Cardinal Health Germany 234 GmbH
Leibnizstraße 7
97204 Höchberg, Germany
Amtsgericht Würzburg HRB 7004
Geschäftsführer:
Ralf Lother, Paul ter Grote

Tel. 	+49 (0)931 4972 276
Fax	+49 (0)931 4972 62276
oliver.gerber at cardinalhealth.com
www.cardinalhealth.com/researchservices

DISCLAIMER:
This information and any attachments contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email, and delete the original message immediately.